To ensure sustainability we consider each and every component carefully for their contribution to the efficiency of the product as well as their impact on the environment.

All products must meet our strict environmental criteria, alongside the wider issues of practical kitchen operation, food safety and hygiene.

  • Sustainability
  • Minimal environmental impact
  • Operating and whole life cost benefits
  • Long service life
  • Innovation
  • Regulatory conformity/third party verification
  • Refrigerant selection
  • Value for money
  • Food safety and hygiene
  • Serviceability
  • Performance – build quality, reliability, safety

Selecting the right components is key to delivering our Greenlogic objectives.

Williams’ commitment to green refrigeration stretches back decades. In the 1980s we were the first manufacturer to develop CFC-free insulation.

We’ve pioneered a raft of greener technologies, ranging from energy-saving Smart Controllers to systems using eco-friendly refrigerants such as hydrocarbon and CO².

Our products are 98% recyclable with the remaining 2% treatable for heat recovery.

To ensure our products are amongst the most sustainable in today’s market means considering each and every component. Not just the contribution they make to the product’s overall energy efficiency but the impact they have on the environment, and ensuring they have been produced in a sustainable and ethical manner.

Our CoolSmart Controllers minimise the cabinet’s energy consumption through processes such as fan and heater pulsing, intelligent defrost and independent management of evaporator and condenser fans.

Our insulation delivers structural strength and superior thermal properties while minimising environmental impact, through low GWP (Global Warming Potential) and zero ODP (Ozone Depletion Potential).

Innovations include low energy fans and bumper bars made from recycled materials, which resist corrosion to maximise service life. All coils are electro deposition dipped - the most advanced cathodic coating technology available. The process has a lower environmental impact due to a reduction in the amount of solvents used.

A comprehensive choice of other energy saving features and options are available including self-closing doors, heavy duty gaskets, half doors and drawer packs.

Williams follow the AFE Group Ethical Trading Code and ensure compliance with it by our suppliers as well as every supplier being assessed and graded on the environmental management of their product and plant.

Hydrocarbon refrigerant reduces energy consumption by up to 15% due to its excellent thermodynamic properties. It also almost eliminates the environmental impact due to its low GWP and zero ODP. Our low energy compressors, specifically designed for use in hydrocarbon units are all VDE approved as they fall below the 150g threshold for hydrocarbon equipment - significantly meaning that our products can be installed in any location irrespective of room size.

With hydrocarbon now our most popular refrigerant of choice we have taken measures to ensure our manufacturing process is fast, efficient and safe, having invested in three automatic charging and evacuation stations for hydrocarbon refrigerants.